Blackjack is a very popular casino card game played in every corner of the world where gambling is legal. So it comes to no surprise that many have had the opportunity to physically approach a blackjack table and even placed a few bets. It is a great feeling to sit in for a few games, touch the cards, and see the bank going bust to later collect your rewards from the blackjack bet you just made.
The good news is that you don’t need to walk to the casinos any more to get that same feeling. With today’s technology and the use of internet, blackjack is more alive now than ever. This new era of ”internet blackjack” is just a few clicks away from being your real experience. You can play virtual blackjack, which is simulated by a computer software, or live blackjack. If you play live blackjack you get the possibility to interact with live dealers from different internet casinos around the world. The live games have become extremely popular at the online casinos and they are the closest you will get to the real in-person experience.
Look no further if you are interested in finding some of the best online blackjack casinos. Just check our list of popular and reliable blackjack casinos. You will also be able to find more information about the rules, betting strategies, and other useful information about blackjack. But keep reading if your fingers don’t already ache for a blackjack bet!
The Advantages of Playing Online Blackjack
When you play blackjack online is not really the same as if you were playing at your local casino. Well, the game itself is the same, but there are some benefits of playing blackjack online compared to playing blackjack at the regular casinos. Let’s take a look at some of the advantages.
1. Playing blackjack online from home
The most obvious advantage of playing online blackjack is the convenience factor. It is convenient because you can do it in the comfort of your home. Just access a game of virtual blackjack from your desktop, tablet, or smartphone.
2. Online blackjack casinos are open 24/7
If you are constantly hooked up to the internet, blackjack rooms are open at any time of the day. The online blackjack casinos are open 24/7, meaning you can access a virtual blackjack room when ever your schedule is open.
If you are hardly ever home or fit the time to play from home, you can always play on the go. If you have a mobile internet subscription or access to a free WIFI area, you can actually log-in to your casino account and play online blackjack from wherever you are. You can actually play as you wait for the train or on your way to work!
4. Internet blackjack saves you money
Another great advantage of internet blackjack is that it is less costly. There’s no need to concern yourself with travel arrangements, hotel costs, parking costs, baby sitter etc. The only thing you need in order to play virtual blackjack, is an internet connection and a computer. You can save some money for other things or even have it as part of your bank roll.
5. Online blackjack offers lower minimum bets
For those who like to wager lower blackjack bets can find themselves lucky. A great advantage for the recreational player is that he can actually place minimum bets of $1, which is often common in virtual blackjack games. A higher minimum is often required at the live blackjack tables.
6. Internet blackjack gives you a broader gambling experience
The online blackjack casinos offer more betting options compared to the land-based casinos. Many blackjack rooms also allow side bets to make the game even more exciting. You will also find other variations of virtual blackjack, which you probably will not find at your local casino. Then there is also the flexibility to quickly change to a different casino game such as slots or poker.
7. You can keep track of your blackjack bets
The great thing about playing internet blackjack is that it comes with a software that records your blackjack bets. This allows you to have full control over how much money you’ve spent. You will be able to keep track of your wins and losses, and analyze your previous bets to improve your betting strategy.
8. Online blackjack has better “house edge”!
In general, the house edge is lower at the virtual blackjack casinos compared to the land based casinos. A lower house edge means that you have a better chance to win. So why can the internet casinos keep a lower house edge? Because it is less expensive to run an online casino than it is to manage a regular casino. Also, the competition amongst the internet casinos is much harder and this forces them to keep the house edge low. The internet casinos know that if a player is not satisfied, s/he can switch to another virtual casino in a matter of seconds. This competition not only puts pressure on the online blackjack casinos to keep a low house edge, it also pushes them to offer fantastic bonuses.
9. Generous blackjack bonuses
Unlike the land based casinos, many internet casinos frequently offer blackjack bonuses for new customers and rewards for long term players. A blackjack bonus can also often be used on other casino games available. This means that you can – if you want to – play other casino games with your blackjack bonus! So, take advantage of the promotions offered and make the best out of your internet blackjack experience.
10. Play blackjack for free at the virtual casinos
If you are new at blackjack, or want to improve your skills and strategies without losing money, a great idea is to play blackjack for free. There are many internet casinos where you can play blackjack without betting with real money. This opportunity to play blackjack for free is non existing at the land-based casinos.
How to Bet on Blackjack Online
If you are new to online blackjack and interested in how you actually place a blackjack bet it is actually not that complicated. (You should however first familiarize yourself with the rules of blackjack if you haven’t already done so.)
1. First of all, sign-up with an online casino that offers blackjack, and make a deposit to your account. Before creating the account, make sure you get yourself a nice casino bonus to be used towards playing internet blackjack.
2. Once you have an account look through the card games section of the casino. You will there be able to find different blackjack games, but you are best off trying the regular blackjack game before anything else. So besides the different variations you will see, one could say there are two types of games to choose from. There is the virtual blackjack and the live blackjack. It is a matter of choice which one to choose.
3. Before you take a seat on any blackjack table you should first know the maximum and minimum table limits. Many virtual blackjack games come with a minimum bet of $1, which you can pick if you just want to get a feel of the game. If you feel for a live game, then the live blackjack games tend to have a higher minimum bet of $5.
4. Before a dealer begins to deal, you need to place your blackjack bet in front of the dealer within the designated area. You will likely see chips at the lower part of your screen. Each chip will have a number representing the value in your preferred currency. Click on the chip to select it or to make your bets.
5. Cards are dealt and it should be able to see the total value of your cards. You have then the option to stand, hit another card, or maybe even double down.
6. If you beat the banker your first internet blackjack bet will be rewarded. Good luck!
Ready to play Blackjack online?
You can play blackjack online for money or just for fun. If you are a beginner to internet blackjack, the best thing you can do is to look up gaming sites where you can play blackjack games online for free. There are many fun blackjack games that will offer you practice rounds to improve your skills.
When you are ready to play for money, it’s important to be aware of the risks. You will not win all of the time when you bet on blackjack, so expect some losing hands. Make sure you choose a trusted gaming site, and read the fine print explaining the terms and conditions. Also, check the FAQ section where instructions for withdrawals, fees, minimum fees etc. can be found.